However they have much deeper beliefs than merely SciPop. Indeed, there’s a pantheon of deities that they appeal to. This behavior is known as special pleading.
Special pleading is an informal fallacy wherein one cites something as an exception to a general or universal principle (without justifying the special exception). This is the application of a double standard.– Wikipedia
ASTs and SISWs employ special pleading in arguments by invoking one of their deities in such a way as to make it appear that the deity would render our point of view invalid, however, they don’t know why or how, they’re just guessing. One of the classic examples is when an SISW claims that successful space missions both prove Heliocentricity and refute Geocentrosphericity. This is impossible for two reasons:
- Heliocentric and Geocentrospheric are different frames of reference in the same physical system – they coexist.
- All space flights are launched, controlled and observed from earth, and the cosmos orbits the earth every day that the space flight takes place. Space flights can’t disprove Geocentrosphericity, they’re inherently and empirically Geocentrospheric.
The Atheist Pantheon
There are ruling, major and minor deities in the atheist pantheon.
Ruling Deities (Peer Review)
The ruling deities serve to defend the 5 axioms of SciPop and they have a hierarchical structure. The ruling deities function as the collective will of Peer Review. This provides the framework in which all other deities serve.
Ruling Deities – aka Peer Review
Major deities are frequently invoked by ASTs, people who have a general clue what they’re talking about, but who are oblivious to the fact that their beliefs are only valid within the SciPop paradigm. They have had a devastating effect on the “faith community,” because members of the “faith community” are too clueless to realize that they have also based their arguments within the SciPop paradigm.
Minor deities are used by scientifically illiterate science worshipers (SISWs). These folk don’t have a clue what they’re talking about and the words are just thrown around randomly. There’s no ranking. Here is an example of a conversation:
Scientifically Illiterate Science Worshiper typical conversation
- Matty: Do you know how to calculate the mass of the sun?
- SISW: Dude, do you even science?
- Matty: Indeed. What science is used to calculate the mass of the sun?
- SISW: What science? You don’t even know what science is? You ******* retard!
It may seem as if some of the minor deities ought to be majors because of the breadth of scope that they encompass. The key is usage. They’re just words that are thrown around by people who have already passed the cluelessness event horizon.
- Coriolis Effect
- Empirical evidence
- Gravity assist
- Gravity well
- Non-relativistic reference frame
- Retrograde motion
- Scientific fact
- Special relativity
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
House of Serenity
Health and Wellness